Importance of Approved Roofing Contractors In Edinburgh
Seeking approved Edinburgh roofing contractors is crucial when planning any kind of roofing improvement project for your home. From basic roof repairs to complete re-roofs getting the right contractor is extremely important in Edinburgh. It is often reported that homeowners can be stung by unaccredited tradesmen and untrustworthy contractors.
In the Edinburgh roofing industry, this kind of sting can mean more than just a leaky roof. While the original scam artists have got away with your cash, calling in approved Edinburgh roofing contractors who you do trust to fix the problem can leave you with another large bill too.
Read on to find out how to avoid problems like these. Also, some easy solutions to finding correctly approved Edinburgh roofing contractors and making sure your home improvement get done properly!
The consequences of not using approved roofing contractors
Unfortunately, under-qualified and over-priced roofing contractors do exist. They also largely prey on homeowners. This is because they are mainly unaware of the industry and its standards.
Here are just a few of the consequences. These range from poor work to serious health and safety breaches, which puts both the residents and workforce in danger:
- A lack of experience and poor quality of work. This can lead to repairs being needed much more often.
- Low-quality materials.
- No insurance, and no company registration.
- No guarantee will be included with the work carried out.
- Various safety issues.
- Payment problems.
Even if the Edinburgh roofing work is carried out well and there are no problems during the installation/repairs, using unapproved roofing contractors could still lead to a problem later on. An example of this is if the roof is not covered by a guarantee but a problem arises. If this happens a further payment will probably have to be made. It may take a few weeks, or possibly more, for the repair to be carried out.
How to Avoid These Problems
The good news is that avoiding these problems is not too difficult. There are a variety of ways in which the roofing contractor can gain your trust – even before they’ve met you! A few of the best ways are listed here:
Recommendations from Friends
A close friend, or even a neighbor, may have recently had some roofing works done. If you think your own roof needs a refurbishment or some repairs, ask around and see if anybody you know (and trust) has recently had any similar work carried out. If somebody has had some roofing work done recently, ask them questions, find out information – they may have been in a similar situation. Ask which company they used and if that company was approved or accredited by any governing bodies (see below).
Some other useful questions to ask friends:
- Were the roofing company representatives (including the workforce) polite, courteous and did they stick to the original time-frame?
- Did the company offer a free quote? Did the friend/neighbor get quotes from any other companies?
- Is the roofing company based locally? Are they an established and well-known company in the area?
- Does the company have valid insurance in place?
- Do they have a website with some examples of recent works carried out, or recent customer comments?
Recommendations from Third Party Organisations
Even if none of your friends or neighbors have recently had any roofing works carried out there are still a few great ways to get local recommendations.
One of the most effective ways is to use social media to check reviews of companies.
There are also various organizations that will only allow a contractor to be approved/accredited by them if and when they have been assessed and deemed compliant. These organizations will only usually provide accreditation for a year. After this, the testing and verifying process must begin again. A few of the most trusted of these organizations are listed below:
- CHAS – This is ‘The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme’. A multi-industry spanning health and safety scheme which has to be renewed with a re-assessment every 12 months.
- Safecontractor – A comprehensive list of annually vetted and approved contractors.
- Constructionline – Ensuring common minimum standards across the construction industry, and partnered with government bodies.
- CORC – The Confederation of Roofing Contractors
- FMB – The Federation of Master Builders
- NFRC – National Federation of Roofing Contractors
Ronald G. Graham Roofing – Approved Roofing Contractors
RGG has been a well-established domestic Edinburgh roofing contractor for over thirty years. A company can only ensure this kind of longevity by gaining the trust of those they do business with. This is why we work to the best of our ability to make sure the whole process is done exactly as the customer desires. RGG’s customers regularly let us know how pleased they have been with our Edinburgh roofing team, and with the works which have been carried out. This feedback is important to us, it ensures we are performing to a high standard and our customers are happy.
“Ronnie’s team are very efficient and hard-working!”
Customer in Morningside 9th April, 2015
RGG is also approved by all of the above organizations. It is not a particularly simple process to obtain even one accreditation (more difficult still to gain five). However, we believe it is a necessary process in order to ensure that our customers trust us completely. After all, the work we carry out is usually on our customer’s homes or businesses, so we know how important it is to them.
If you need roof repairs RGG offers a free quote with no obligation. We are happy to look at small repair works or large-scale re-roofs.
RGG Roofing Solutions is a full-service commercial and residential best roofing company serving all of Edinburgh. For a free inspection, give us a call today.
There are a few different ways to contact us:
- Our live chat
- Sending a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giving us a call on 0131 555 5121