RGR roofing company is the best and most professional single-ply roofing contractor in Edinburgh having several years of experience. Here in this guide, we will discuss the services and systems that we can work on.
The experts in our Edinburgh roofing company are well trained and approved for Single Ply roofing works. They are capable of handling all types of Single ply roofing projects from most of the top suppliers. Here we will also tell you about the pros and cons of using the Single-ply system
Single Ply Roofing Membranes:
Single-ply roofing is one of the most common types roofing in Edinburgh. They have several advantages along with some cons. The main benefit you will get with the installation of single-ply roofing is the quick installation time. Also, they are one of the most cost-effective solutions and will help you save money on labor costs also.
The installation of Single ply roofing involves only one layer while other traditional roofing requires more layers for it to be effective.
Single-ply roofing systems offer better flexibility compared to others. Also, they provide better resistance from moisture and UV rays. You can either install it directly on the roof surface or over the roof insulation.
These days, single ply roofing comes as one of the most popular roofing materials available in different membranes like PVC, EPDM, and Neoprene offering the customer with single-layer membrane solution. Several other popular membrane options include TPO and CSPE.
Advantage of Single-ply Roofing:
· They offer high performance and are a great option to deal with extreme weather.
· It requires an easy installation process and helps you save money on labor.
· Single ply roofing system along with being light-weighted is cost-effective also. It also exerts less stress on the roof structure.
· Since this single-ply roofing system is non-inflammable, they are risk-free from catching fire.
· You will get several options in a single-ply roofing system offering a different level of protection on the basis of your project.
· Single-ply also offers excellent protection from chemicals and water.
· Single ply roofing also has the feature of good reflection providing better protection against UV rays from the Sun.
Disadvantages of Single-ply Roofing:
· Single ply roofing is an expensive option and will last for only 30 to 50 years. Some may have an even shorter lifespan.
· The single-layer membrane is much thinner in comparison to many layers and thus it can easily get damaged. It can also easily get punctured and lead to more issues.
· Some single-ply roofing systems have issues in retention of water and they may get damaged because of water.
The cost of Single ply roofing membrane cost per m2:
Single-ply roofing has several types of systems. The cost depends on the type of single-ply roofing system. Some systems are more expensive while some may cost less. Here we are listing the cost of the most popular single-ply roofing systems:
Ethylene Propylene diene Monomer (EPDM) Cost Per Square Meter –
This is considered one of the most effective options in a single-ply roofing system. It can be easily installed and will help you save money on labor costs. The current cost for installation per m2 for EDPM is £12- £15. The cost may vary depending on the material where you buy it from. In general, the installation cost for the EPDM roofing system will likely be between £50 to £80 per m2 including
the charge for adhesives.
Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) –
This is an expensive option of a single-ply roofing system which costs between £15 to £20 per m2. With a decent quality system, this roofing type will last for 15 years. The advantage of installing this system is its power to reflect the UV light thus protecting the house from the sun.
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) –
This is the most expensive single-ply roofing system. The current price for this material may cost more than £20 per m2. The reason why roofers recommend this type of system is its long life span. A good PVC installation can have a lifespan of more than 50 years.
In the installation of this type of single-ply roofing system, there is a need for hot air welding which makes it trickier than other systems. This is the reason why it is a bit more expensive than other systems.